Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm learning....

I have learned how to crochet (kind of) and I'm so happy with my latest creation.  The first couple of times I tried to make these slippers were a total FAIL, but on the 3rd try, I did it!!! Yay for me.  I'm so proud of myself right now.  
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT look at those legs.  In my excitement to hurry and get this blog on here, (for all of my readers, ha ha) I failed to notice that my legs are horribly white and in need of about a  quart of lotion!!! 
I really learned how to crochet last winter and I made a beautiful afghan that I am very proud of.  I bought the "Learn How To Crochet" beginners book and needles.  Thank Heaven for Youtube, because I could not figure out what the heck the book's directions were telling me to do!!  You can find all kinds of free patterns and tutorials on Youtube.  I found this one by googling slippers and I was able to follow the pattern.  I made a few alterations though, I just fit the slipper to my foot as  I went along until I thought it would be a nice snug fit.
1st FAIL
2nd FAIL
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment